Russian for Singers: How to get the most out of our resources [For Singers and Voice Teachers]
In this video, I am doing an overview of all our resources that you can use to make choosing and learning Russian arias and art songs fast, fun and easy.
ABOUT RUSSIAN FOR SINGERS PROJECT:
We are aiming to make Russian Vocal repertoire more accessible for non-Russian speaking singers, providing easy to follow comprehensive coaching, including:
- IPA phonetics / transliteration,
- Pronunciation audio and video tutorials
- Word by word translation,
- Cultural background of songs,
- A brief and comprehensive Russian for singers theoretical course
- Private or group coaching sessions in person or on Skype
Our founder and coach Natalia Melnik is a classical singer and a Russian native speaker based in Sydney, Australia. Her work with non –Russian speaking singers learning Russian music is supported by the doctorate research she is doing at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. As a Russian for Singers coach Natalia worked with the Sydney Conservatorium Choir, the Australian Institute of Music, Sydney Art Song Society and numerous individual singers all over the world.