Russian for Singers Project
We are aiming to make Russian Vocal repertoire more accessible for non-Russian speaking singers, providing easy to follow comprehensive coaching, including:
- IPA phonetics / transliteration,
- Pronunciation audio and video tutorials
- Word by word translation,
- Cultural background of songs,
- A brief and comprehensive Russian for singers theoretical course
- Private or group coaching sessions in person or online, workshops, Russian music concerts and much more...
Our founder and coach Natalia Melnik is a classical singer and a Russian native speaker based in Sydney, Australia.
She has been coaching Russian since 2016 and has developed her unique method of teaching Russian diction for Singers, which is based on the specially designed diction scores (sheet music that incorporates IPA and translation) and video diction tutorials.
Her work with non –Russian speaking singers learning Russian music is based on the research that she is doing as a part of her Doctorate degree at the University of Sydney, Sydney Conservatorium of Music.
Since 2016 Natalia has acted as a Russian Language coach with the Australian Institute of Music, Sydney Conservatorium Choir, Sydney Art Song Society and numerous individual singers.
Natalia is a dedicated voice teacher and an active performer, specializing in Russian coloratura arias and Russian art song.